The World Economic Forum says about Ikigai™:
"Is this Japanese concept the secret to a long, happy, meaningful life?"
We've created a unique tool to help you, or your clients, to unlock the answer to the big question: what do you get up for in the morning?
IKIGAI™ card game makes it easier then ever to ask the right questions. To look in the mirror and unlock purpose. IKIGAI™ card game forces to make a balanced choice about where to go with ones life. Taking into account preferences, talents, skills and the realities of the market. Where you are confronted with disruption, digitization and sustainability.
IKIGAI™ in Japan means a reason for being. IKI refers to life. And GAI refers to what someone expects and hopes for in life. It's probably not a coincidence that on the remote island of Okinawa, everybody knows their personal IKIGAI™. It's not uncommon that people in their nineties have small shops and sell local produce on the market.
Okinawa lies between Japan and Taiwan. It is the place on our planet where people get most vitally old in the entire world.
Marshall Goldsmith and Paul Donkers discuss the idea behind IKIGAI card game©.
How to play IKIGAI Cardgame?
- you can play IKIGAI with two persons
- you can play IKIGAI in a small group of up to four people
Who is using IKIGAI?
- IKIGAI™ Cardgame is used by coaches and consultants from all over the world
- it's used by HR professionals and line managers with HR tasks
- it's used by people who want to work on their career choices
- if you select questions from the card deck, you can use IKIGAI™ for team building and development activitities.
- it is used by professors at schools and universities such as MIT Sloan, UCLA (Los Angeles) and TWA (Texas Women's University). In Thailand and in Japan it's also used at Business Schools.
IKIGAI Cardgame is structured in three parts. Each section contains a series of very challenging and provocative questions. The way the questions are asked, immediately force to think deep.
Part 1: You love it
Part 2: You're good at it
Part 3: Reality check
Starting the Ikigai coaching process with asking the right question at the right time, is absolutely critical.
- We created the questions in the card deck based on our personal 25 year international experience in coaching. Throughout the years, we have coached thousands of individuals through change. For more information about our background, please visit the website of our firm: www.tencompany.org
- In the development phase, we first tested the game with our test panel. Together, this hand-picked group has more then 160 years of real life coaching experience. Based on their feedback, we fine-tuned questions, added and deleted questions.
- When the first version was ready, we tested the Ikigai™ card game with our clients. One-on-one and in small groups of maximum four people. Based on our observations, we further fine-tuned Ikigai™ card game.
- We stay in touch with our users when they start using Ikigai™ card game. We continue to collect their feedback. We use it to further develop the game. We have designed a closed feedback loop for continuous improvement.
The game comes in a box that normally fits in your mailbox. We ship Ikigai™ worldwide.
Paul Donkers playing Ikigai card game with Dr. Marshall Goldsmith in New York
Our Ikigai card game was recently featured during the morning news on national Japanese news station NHK: Goodmorning Japan.
Our inspiration hub is packed with resources: more tools, video's, articles, columns, blogs, vlogs, books. If makes us happy if you find value. Pay us a visit via www.tencompany.org
If you decide to purchase IKIGAI ™Cardgame, we will send you free worksheets to use with the tool.
IKIGAI Cardgame in action in Tokyo, Japan
IKIGAI Cardgame in action in Tokyo, Japan
IKIGAI card game in action in Japan, summer 2018
IKIGAI tool on the road on a Dutch train
Introduction of the Japanese version of Ikigai™ card game in Tokyo, Japan, April 2019.
Ikigai™ card game in action with students from MIT Sloan in Cambridge, Boston, June 2019.
Ikigai card game at MIT Sloan School of Management, Boston June 2019
Keep in touch and follow IKIGAI™ card game via twitter: @ikigaicardgame
IKIGAI™ card game English version
- Product Code: Game
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: € 35.26